Creative and innovative urban planner with over 4 years of progressive experience in municipal planning/ community development with a multi-disciplinary background in Urban and Regional Studies and Geography. Certified in GIS with a graduate certificate in Local Government Management.
- 2017 M.S. Geography – Minnesota State University, Mankato. Graduate Certificate in Local Government Management.
- 2014 B.S. Urban and Regional Studies – Minnesota State University, Mankato. Geography, minor. Certificate in Geographic Information Science.
- 2016 Teaching Assistant. Minnesota State University, Mankato.
GEOG 373: Intro to Geographic Information Science (GIS), Spring Semester.
- 2015 Teaching Assistant. Minnesota State University, Mankato.
GEOG 579: GIS Practicum, Fall Semester.
- 2014 – Present Planning Analyst, City of North Mankato, Minnesota. John Harrenstein, Supervisor.
Working with local design consultant, including planners, architects, engineers to deliver design guidelines.
- 2014 Intern, Preservation Alliance of Minnesota. St. Paul, Minnesota. Emily Northey, Supervisor.
Assisted in preparation of Basic Training workshops for Main Street communities, conducted research, and gathered data through surveys.
- 2011 – 2014 Bank Teller, Community Bank – Mankato, Minnesota. Shawn Nelson, Supervisor.
Provided excellent customer service to bank customers who required financial services.
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Oregon Division of the American Planning Association (ORAPA)
Kietzer, Courtney A. 2016. A GIS Approach to Analyzing the Economic Impact of a Regional Sports Facility. Association of American Geographers Abstracts. Annual Meeting, San Francisco.
Kietzer, Courtney A. 2015. Analyzing The Integrity of Mankato’s Historic Lincoln Park Neighborhood: A GIS Approach. Historical GIS II: Using Geospatial Technologies to Map Journeys, Settlements and Communities. Association of American Geographers Abstracts. Annual Meeting, Chicago. P. 361
Kietzer, Courtney A. 2014. Mapping and Analyzing Historic Buildings in Lincoln Park, Blue Earth County. Paper Presentation at the 24th Annual Minnesota GIS/LIS Consortium, October, 2014. Rochester, Minnesota.
Kietzer, Courtney K. 2014. Ghana Field Studies. URSI – Update, A Newsletter of the Urban & Regional Studies Institute. P. 6-7.
1st Place – Undergraduate Scholarship Competition 2014 MN GIS/LIS Consortium in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dean’s List – Fall, Spring 2013. Fall, Spring 2014. Spring 2015. Fall, Spring 2016. Fall, Spring 2017.
Presentations at Public Hearings:
North Mankato City Council. September 21, 2015. Business Items; D. Consider Resolution Ordering a Moratorium on the Granting of New Rental Licenses within the City of North Mankato, Minnesota. Approved for 12 months. E. Consider Creating a Housing Rehabilitation Program.
North Mankato City Council. July 6, 2015. Business Items; B. Receive Economic Impact Report of Caswell Park. Moved to accept the Economic Impact Report of Caswell Park into the official City record. Motion carried.
North Mankato Port Authority. May 7, 2018. Business Items; C. Consider establishing policy, procedure, and application process for Northside Revivals Program. Adopted Resolution Establishing Northside Revivals Home Improvement Program.