Creative and innovative Planning Analyst with 4 years of progressive experience in municipal planning/community development complemented with strong knowledge of the practical application of urban planning and design principles.
Extremely competent in conducting research, collecting, analyzing, interpreting and presenting city planning data to a range of audiences. Proven ability to communicate project content visually with excellent design, visualization, and graphic skills.
Strong familiarity with ArcGIS, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite, and SketchUp.
- 2017 M.S. Geography – Minnesota State University, Mankato. Thesis: The Impact of Rental Licensing in College Communities, an Analysis of Mankato and North Mankato Residential Properties. Advisor: Rama P. Mohapatra. Graduate Certificate in Local Government Management.
- 2014 B.S. Urban and Regional Studies – Minnesota State University, Mankato. Geography, minor. Certificate in Geographic Information Science.
- 2016 Teaching Assistant. Minnesota State University, Mankato.
GEOG 373: Intro to Geographic Information Science (GIS), Spring Semester.
- 2015 Teaching Assistant. Minnesota State University, Mankato.
GEOG 579: GIS Practicum, Fall Semester.
- 2014 – Present Planning Analyst, City of North Mankato, Minnesota. John Harrenstein, Supervisor.
Working with local design consultant, including planners, architects, engineers to deliver design guidelines.
- 2014 Intern, Preservation Alliance of Minnesota. St. Paul, Minnesota. Emily Northey, Supervisor.
Assisted in preparation of Basic Training workshops for Main Street communities, conducted research, and gathered data through surveys.
- 2011 – 2014 Bank Teller, Community Bank – Mankato, Minnesota. Shawn Nelson, Supervisor.
Provided excellent customer service to bank customers who required financial services.
- Association of American Geographers (AAG)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Minnesota Division of the American Planning Association (MNAPA)
- Ambassador for the Alliance for Innovation
- Twin Rivers Council for the Arts (TRCA) Board Member
- City of Mankato Heritage Preservation Commission Member
Kietzer, Courtney A. 2016. A GIS Approach to Analyzing the Economic Impact of a Regional Sports Facility. Association of American Geographers Abstracts. Annual Meeting, San Francisco.
Kietzer, Courtney A. 2015. Analyzing The Integrity of Mankato’s Historic Lincoln Park Neighborhood: A GIS Approach. Historical GIS II: Using Geospatial Technologies to Map Journeys, Settlements and Communities. Association of American Geographers Abstracts. Annual Meeting, Chicago. P. 361
Kietzer, Courtney A. 2014. Mapping and Analyzing Historic Buildings in Lincoln Park, Blue Earth County. Paper Presentation at the 24th Annual Minnesota GIS/LIS Consortium, October, 2014. Rochester, Minnesota.
Kietzer, Courtney K. 2014. Ghana Field Studies. URSI – Update, A Newsletter of the Urban & Regional Studies Institute. P. 6-7.
1st Place – Undergraduate Scholarship Competition 2014 MN GIS/LIS Consortium in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dean’s List – Fall, Spring 2013. Fall, Spring 2014. Spring 2015. Fall, Spring 2016. Fall, Spring 2017.
Presentations at Public Hearings:
North Mankato City Council. September 21, 2015. Business Items; D. Consider Resolution Ordering a Moratorium on the Granting of New Rental Licenses within the City of North Mankato, Minnesota. Approved for 12 months. E. Consider Creating a Housing Rehabilitation Program.
North Mankato City Council. July 6, 2015. Business Items; B. Receive Economic Impact Report of Caswell Park. Moved to accept the Economic Impact Report of Caswell Park into the official City record. Motion carried.
North Mankato Port Authority. May 7, 2018. Business Items; C. Consider establishing policy, procedure, and application process for Northside Revivals Program. Adopted Resolution Establishing Northside Revivals Home Improvement Program.